Lazy River Band came together in the 70s in Southeast Michigan, in the little town of Deerfield.
Lead singer, Kim Degner, joined the band in the mid-70s, whereas the other three members have been with the band a minimum of 21 years. Right away that tells you this band is different. One might see it as a bad thing, but we don't change a lot. We do add new material all the time, but the LRB sound stays the same, year after year.
Ray Lewis has been the drummer for 23 years.
Tim Bausman has been playing lead guitar for 23 years.
Jeff DiCenzo, keyboard player, has been with the band for 21 years.
There are a few things we all agree on:
- we love playing a wide variety of music,
- we are proud of our abilityt to make all kinds of events successful: weddings, concert openings, festivals, clubs, private parties, etc.,
- we are always open to new adventures and new venues (our motto: "We Want To Play Everywhere Once"),
- we believe in our mission of promoting live music and in letting peope know, that they can have a real, live, honest-to-goodeness BAND instead of a disc jockey,
- to be a good band, we must be entertainers as well as musicians, so you will hear good music AND have a good time.